Multi-purpose Stadium in Belgrade, located within the complex of the Tasmajdan Sports and Recreation Center. Construction began in 1952, and it was officially opened on January 24, 1954. It was built on the site of a former quarry, from which it derived its name: from the Turkish words “taş“ (stone) and “maydan“ (pit, mine).
In addition to hosting numerous sports activities, the Tasmajdan Stadium is also known for hosting a large number of concerts. The stadium is home to a Miocene sandbank, a natural treasure that is protected in a special way.
The construction of the stadium began in 1952, and it was officially opened on January 24, 1954.
CHAMPIONSHIPS OF YUGOSLAVIA
Hockey matches were played until 1977, until the construction of the “PIONIR“ ice hall.
FIRST TIME IN BELGRADE
At the stadium, specially arranged for the occasion, a famous bullfight took place.
Divided into two teams, drivers on F-750 Fica raced for the big soccer ball.
During the summer season, it is open for all kinds of group or individual sports, such as basketball, volleyball, handball, indoor soccer, boxing, and tennis.
During the winter season, the stadium is intended for all kinds of skating competitions, but also serves as a public open-air skating rink.
In addition to various sports events, the Tasmajdan Stadium hosts numerous concerts by both domestic and international musicians, as well as various cultural events.